California State Horsemen's Association
Incorporated in 1942, the California State Horsemen's Association comprises eighteen geographical Regions within three areas (Northern, Central, and Southern). CSHA represents the pleasure horse industry and pleasure horse owners.
the many benefits membership in CSHA includes, on a very large
scale, is providing for a stronger, more united pleasure horse
industry, to meet the challenges of local, state, and national
legislative issues important to each and every horse owner.
The primary objectives of the Association
1) to encourage and promote humane equine activities, both competitive and recreational, for youth and adults: horse shows, trail trials, gymkhanas, parades, horsemastership, drill team, stock competitions, trial rides, endurance;
2) to cultivate respect for the horse and good sportsmanship in equine activities;
3) to encourage and support the acquisition, construction, maintenance, supervision, preservation of and access to equestrian trails on public and private lands;
4) to encourage and support the construction and maintenance of horse campgrounds and facilities;
5) to educate members about appropriate horse husbandry practices, health and safety measures;
6) to award scholarships to outstanding competitors and to provide monetary contributions to worthy equine charitable organizations ;
7) to encourage participation at state and local government levels to preserve equestrian traditions and to safeguard the equine community against policies that adversely impact its well-being.
To read more about the history of CSHA click here.